Ok firstly, where has 2016 gone. I’m 19, I’ve completed my first year of university and as I type this am procrastinating from packing for a holiday I booked in February which feels like a million and one days ago. Theres only 5 months left of the year, and althought i’ve acomplished a variety of things this year theres still more I want to do. So what better than 5 goals in 5 months to keep me motivated and on track for becoming a girl boss?!
- Grow my blog. I literally say this every time I decide to set myself goals, but I promise i’m for real this time. I’ve got a schedule, a plan and a trusty boyfriend to become my part time photographer. I really want to produce content i’m passionate about, address issues and use the voice and platforms i’ve been given to do so.
- Become a certified power lifting coach. After becoming injured and the thought of competing now firmly on the back burner for a few months until i’m completely recovered i’ve had to change my mind set and goals. So, why not help others to reach theres in a sport i’m totally crazy about. Watch this space! I’m thinking of taking online coaching clients? What do you guys think?
- Complete my ‘to read’ list. I’ve had a literal mountain of book stashed away on my windowsill for probably close to a year now that I just keep putting off reading. Alas no more! I’m determined to get through them all by the end of the year.
- Take time away from my phone/social media. Lately i’ve probably become an addict to my phone, constantly scrolling, barely even reading whats there. I want to take more time out, to live in the now. Care less about who’s posting there lunch on insta’ or who’s the next person in my school year announcing an engagement on facebook. I love social media and the online world, but I need to remember to take time out to focus on whats really important to me. The here and now.
- Raise £500 for Kidney research UK. If you didn’t know i’m running the great North 5K in September to raise money for this amazing charity which is one very close to my heart. Hopefully I can carry out more fundraising activies and raise as much as I can for these amazing people. You can find my just giving page here, any donation no matter how great or small is so greatly appreciated so thank you in advance!
What are the goals you want to achieve by the end of the year? Personal, fitness, career? Let me know in the comments!